Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Virtual Folders by Date

David
2010-12-28
2013-05-29
  • David
    David
    2010-12-28

Twonky and some other servers have a virtual folder structure that makes it very easy to watch new content.

The basic idea is to create folders based on the dates of files being served, then you can navigate to today for example and view what ever was just added to the server… This is particularly useful if you are populating your server with scripts / downloads.

• Anonymous
    2011-03-03

This would be awesome. I was contemplating some sort of solution to the fact that Media Player interface on my Samsung TV makes it painful to navigate through my movie directory now that there's more than 10 files in it.

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2011-03-03

Do you mean something like a Year -> Month -> Day structure?  Or something like a "Recently Added" virtual folder that contains, say, the 20 most recently added files?

• David
    David
    2011-03-03

Year->Month->Day this makes it much easier to simply watch recent content if you have just moved it into your media folder. A general last 20 recent Items would not be very useful to me due to the turnover rate of media content on my nas.

Preferable with a perimeter/config item to choose if it is between Oldest first and Newest first sort orders.

• Anonymous
    2011-04-15

Mmm, I think it would also be useful to be able to hide selected branches, too. For example, I use Picard to write out all my files using a filter that produces output like "/J/Last, James/2011 - Music for Your Gran/…"  and then access this via the /Music/Folders branch presented by MiniDLNA: It'd be great if I could hide all the other branches and even set /Music/Folders as the root… Of course, a config entry that allowed the user to control the structure of the library presented to the renderer would cover this… Just an idea, but I wouldnt be surprised if the added flexibility would be welcome by many :)

• Anonymous
    2011-05-28

I agree with the last poster - ability to define media library structure based on meta data would be much appreciated. Btw, mediatomb allows for that via custom import script.