Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

LG TV subtitles

2012-02-20
2013-05-29
  • olivierthebest
    olivierthebest
    2012-02-20

    Hello,

    I'm locking for a solution (for my BLACKARMOR NAS) that can allows sub-titles for LG TV (Through DLNA).

    I was expecting minidlna_1.0.24_static.tar.gz  was able to do that (with embedded MKV sub-titles).

    In order to check it before any modification of my NAS,
    I have installed on WINDOWS 7 virtualbox and, I have created a virtual DEBIAN (AMD 64 bits) where finally I have installed minidlna_1.0.24_static.tar.gz.

    Unfortunetelly when I play a MKV from my minidlna server on my LG TV, sub-title menu doesn't list any sub-title.
    Is there something I forgot or is it minidlna that is not compatible with sub-title LG DLNA function (or MKV sub-title are not supported through DLNA on LG TV) ?

    Rq : MKV titles check doesn contain a dot (.) in title name.

    Thanks

    Olivier

     
  • Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2012-02-21

    Embedded subtitles are up to your TV to support, and don't really have anything to do with the server.  External subtitles require some server support, and that is what is supported by MiniDLNA.  So if you can extract the subtitles to an external .srt file, then it should work.

     
  • olivierthebest
    olivierthebest
    2012-02-21

    OK thanks.

    Please note LG TV supports MKV sub-titles through USB so the concern is only through DLNA.

    Regards

    Olibier

     
  • Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers
    2012-02-22

    Unfortunately the behaviour of clients via DLNA is often wildly different than that for local content. 

     
  • prabhat
    prabhat
    2012-05-05

    My suggestion LG TV is having very low quality and when they have delivered it was scratched tv . I have just submitted complaint for same on consumer court

     
  • Arion
    Arion
    2012-06-21

    My LG TV (47LE7500) does not show embedded .mkv subtitles as well.

    The solution that worked for me was to use external .srt subtitles.