OS X version

C. Fufezan
2009-09-28
2013-05-29
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)

• Anonymous
    2011-09-18

(my apologies if it's rtfm, I'm just not too familiar with autoconf).

I'm just downloaded new tree from SF and trying to build it on Fedora 15:

# aclocal
    configure.ac:11: warning: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library
    configure.ac:12: warning: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
    configure.ac:13: warning: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION' not found in library
    # autoheader
    # autoconf
    configure.ac:11: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_ICONV
          If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
          See the Autoconf documentation.
    configure.ac:12: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
    configure.ac:13: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION
    #

• Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers
    2011-09-18

I'm going to put my comment here as my problem seems to relate to the latest code checked in for this issue…

1) The INSTALL file has not been updated. (New steps include - Make autogen.sh executable; execute autogen.sh; Now you can execute the newly generated configure script.)

2) The build is now broken for me (Ubuntu 10.10).
    When running the configure script I get the following error…

config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
    config.status: WARNING:  'po/Makefile.in.in' seems to ignore the -datarootdir setting

When I then run make I get…

make: Entering directory `/home/craigchambers/minidlna/po'
    rm -f da.gmo && : -c -statistics -o da.gmo da.po
    mv: cannot stat `t-da.gmo': No such file or directory
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/home/craigchambers/minidlna/po'
    make: ***  Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/home/craigchambers/minidlna/po'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/craigchambers/minidlna'

Any suggestions?

/Craig

• Anonymous
    2011-09-19

ok, with a hint from Craig's comment I was able to proceed somewhat further, but it's failing during compilation:

….
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.    -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -g -O2 -MT metadata.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/metadata.Tpo -c -o metadata.o metadata.c
    metadata.c: In function ‘GetVideoMetadata’:
    metadata.c:692:2: error: unknown type name ‘AVFormatContext’
    metadata.c:693:2: error: unknown type name ‘AVCodecContext’
    metadata.c:713:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘av_register_all’
    metadata.c:717:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘av_open_input_file’
    metadata.c:723:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘av_find_stream_info’
    metadata.c:725:17: error: request for member ‘nb_streams’ in something not a structure or union
    metadata.c:728:10: error: request for member ‘streams’ in something not a structure or union
    metadata.c:728:45: error: ‘CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    metadata.c:728:45: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    metadata.c:731:12: error: request for member ‘streams’ in something not a structure or union
    metadata.c:735:8: error: request for member ‘streams’ in something not a structure or union
    ….

• vlad

• Rich Petersen
    Rich Petersen
    2011-09-21

Vlad, you need the environment variables for macports to be set.  The export commands to set them were in the file ENVIRONMENT.macports in the osx_port branch of the code.  This file hasn'tt been included in the MAIN branch for some reason.  I show them below.

With the following libraries already installed using Macports (eg. sudo port install libiconv):
        * libiconv
        * sqlite3
        * jpeg
        * libexif
        * libid3tag
        * libogg
        * libvorbis
        * flac
        * ffmpeg

I was able to successfully build minidlna on OSX on a PPC using the main branch as follows:

/bin/sh
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@minidlna.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/minidlna co -P minidlna
    cd minidlna
    chmod 755 autogen.sh
    export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/libavutil -I/opt/local/include/libavcodec -I/opt/local/include/libavformat"
    LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib

edit the file configure.ac and add the following two lines (around line 435.  these are missing for some reason):

AC_CHECK_LIB([iconv], [main],, AC_MSG_ERROR(Cannot find required library iconv.))
    AC_CHECK_LIB([intl], [main],, AC_MSG_ERROR(Cannot find required library intl.))

./autogen.sh
    ./configure
    make

• Rich Petersen
    Rich Petersen
    2011-09-21

Vlad,  oops!  My apologies.  I missed that you are building for Fedora, but the problem is similar.  You probably need the to set the environment variables as follows (from the file ENVIRONMENT.fedora-rpmfusion)

export CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavutil -I/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavformat -I/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec -Wall"

• Anonymous
    2011-09-24

I do have ffmpeg libs installed

# rpm -qa ffmpeg\*
    ffmpegthumbnailer-devel-2.0.6-2.fc15.i686
    ffmpeg-libs-0.7-0.3.20110612git.fc15.i686
    ffmpeg-devel-0.7-0.3.20110612git.fc15.i686
    ffmpegthumbnailer-2.0.6-2.fc15.i686
    ffmpeg-0.7-0.3.20110612git.fc15.i686

and avutil.h is present:
    # ll /usr/include/ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h
    -rw-r-r- 1 root root 4016 Jul  1 16:42 /usr/include/ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h

Though it doesn't look that configure actually detects my ffmpeg libraries

# ./configure 2>&1 | grep avutilchecking
    libavutil/avutil.h usability… no
    checking libavutil/avutil.h presence… no
    checking for libavutil/avutil.h… no
    checking ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h usability… no
    checking ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h presence… no
    checking for ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h… no
    checking libav/libavutil/avutil.h usability… no
    checking libav/libavutil/avutil.h presence… no
    checking for libav/libavutil/avutil.h… no
    checking avutil.h usability… no
    checking avutil.h presence… no
    checking for avutil.h… no
    checking ffmpeg/avutil.h usability… no
    checking ffmpeg/avutil.h presence… no
    checking for ffmpeg/avutil.h… no
    checking libav/avutil.h usability… no
    checking libav/avutil.h presence… no
    checking for libav/avutil.h… no
    checking for av_rescale_q in -lavutil … yes

though it still proceeds with Makefile creation, which fails at a later point. Adding explicit include path to CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS doesn't help. I didn't have this problem before switching to autoconf, so apparently the problem is there.

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2011-09-24

I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong, but I won't have access to a real computer to check it out for about a month.  But i'm. pretty sure the right cppflags will get it working.  Maybe something like "CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ffmpeg".

• Anonymous
    2011-09-24

as a dirty fix I've edited configure and added SEARCH_DIR=/usr/include to bypass that error.

• hiero
    hiero
    2011-09-29

Hello Craig,

It is necessary to install "gettext" on Ubuntu.

Hiero

• Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers
    2011-09-30

Thanks Hiero, that sorted the problem straight away.  It didn't seem an obviously unresolved dependency, though perhaps I just didn't look hard enough.

• tehsu
    tehsu
    2012-01-12

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, I have minidlna working on Lion. Problem I have is when I try to play MKV's they dont even show up on my GoogleTV and they do show up on my Samsung TV but they say invalid format. Now these devices can play video just fine from the Linux version of minidlna. I was wondering if there was any ideas on what, maybe I am missing a codec?

• tehsu
    tehsu
    2012-01-12

I got my above problem fixed, any ideas on inotify or something that auto updates the database?

• pwky
    pwky
    2012-07-05

I am trying to compile minidlna on my Lion box and I am running into an error.  I follow drglitch's direction above and got all the way to make and but it fails to compile.  Here is the error I got:

In file included from metadata.c:70:
    /opt/local/include/libavformat/avformat.h:158: warning: ‘AVMetadata’ is deprecated
    metadata.c: In function ‘lav_open’:
    metadata.c:144: warning: ‘av_open_input_file’ is deprecated (declared at /opt/local/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1173)
    metadata.c:163:1: warning: "AV_DICT_IGNORE_SUFFIX" redefined
    In file included from /opt/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:33,
                     from metadata.c:56:
    /opt/local/include/libavutil/dict.h:29:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    metadata.c: At top level:
    metadata.c:165: warning: ‘AVMetadataTag’ is deprecated
    metadata.c:165: error: redefinition of typedef ‘AVDictionaryEntry’
    /opt/local/include/libavutil/dict.h:39: error: previous declaration of ‘AVDictionaryEntry’ was here
    metadata.c: In function ‘GetVideoMetadata’:
    metadata.c:1578: warning: ‘av_metadata_get’ is deprecated (declared at /opt/local/include/libavformat/avformat.h:145)
    metadata.c:1578: error: ‘AV_DICT_IGNORE_SUFFIX’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    metadata.c:1578: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    metadata.c:1578: error: for each function it appears in.)
    metadata.c:1598: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘is_tivo_file’

Anyone has any ideas on how to get this compiled?  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks!

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2012-07-07

What are the values of LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_MAJOR, LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_MINOR, and LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_MICRO in avutil.h?  Do you know if you are using libav or ffmpeg?

• pwky
    pwky
    2012-07-07

#define LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_MAJOR 50
    #define LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_MINOR 43
    #define LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_MICRO  0

I am using the ffmpeg package from MacPorts.  avutil.h is in the path /opt/local/include/libavutil.

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2012-07-10

Okay, apparently I can't wrap my head around the ffmpeg API changelog. :)  Try pulling the latest CVS now.

• stepehfmbg
    stepehfmbg
    2012-10-31

Nice to see the unbiased BBC ignore Download/Sonisphere, two festivals which far exceed the likes of Bestival in terms of attendance and size. Nice work! Stop pandering to middle-class people please.-Missed Fortune

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)