GNU gdb port to mingw32
1) Please check the doc/gdb/PORTPATCH for what has entailed. I'm not the
culprit for the patch.
2) I replaced the readline library which was version 4.1 with the mingw
modified 4.2 version. I also applied the patch as given in the October
2002 release candidate.
3) AFAIK, this is essentially the same release as the Release Candidate
October 10th, 2002.
4) I plan to release an Insight GDB version, eventually.
5) I plan to create a 5.3 release candidate, soon.
*) Report bugs to mingw-users@... first for this port release.
*) These changes have yet to be submitted for review.
NOTE: This should be the same as the Release Candidate from October
2002. I've just repackaged it and moved it to Released status.
From: Oscar Fuentes <ofv@wa...> - 2003-02-18 03:58:38
"Heiko Gerdau" <hg@...> writes:
> > Earnie Boyd wrote:
> > 4) I plan to release an Insight GDB version, eventually.
> I would really appreciate that.
gdb 5.2.1 + g++ 3.2.2 is a big improvement over past releases. It
became really usable (and useful).
This doesn't mean that I'm against a gdb 5.3 release :-)