I've create a inputrc (/etc/inputrc) and a sample
~/.inputrc to fix the following problems and add some
RXVT & Console:
- Ctrl-Backspace now deletes the line from start to cursor.
- Page up now sets the line to the first line of history
- Page down, to the last line of history
- Home key now sets cursor at start of line
- End key to the end of line
- F1 shows bash version
- F5 reloads the inputrc (if you want to dev on it).
The sample .inputrc lets you add new bindings to
I've also set a lower limit on completion query limit
(from 100 to 50) to avoid a memory peak if bash starts
searching the whole PATH variable (which includes the
I've also turned case sensitive completion off.
Since I don't know where to place these files, I'm not
submitting as a patch, but two separate files.