I'm trying to port mpg123 over to win64, the patch in its current form
is very intrusive, but it compiles with generic_nofpu mode without
warnings and works fine. No plans to port the .S files yet, I don't know
asm. I am using MSYS with a mingw-w64 cross-compiler to build the binaries.
I'm hoping that somebody can give me some leads on how to fix the patch
and add it into the mpg123 svn trunk.
Some notes from porting:
1. mingw-w64 doesn't have libwsock, but has libws2_32, 32bit MinGW has both.
2. Microsoft decided int should be 32bits long on win64.
3. waveOutOpen uses DWORD_PTR instead of DWORD.
4. DWORD_PTR is somewhat more portable than
5. libmpg123.sym does not seem to be auto-generated, leading to
undefined references errors when building the win64 dll, problem stems
from @LARGEFILE_SUFFIX@... Win64 uses 64bit offsets but doesn't have
notions about POSIX largefile conventions.
6. A newer version of libtool is required for auto* regeneration. The
current shipped version fails the file magic test for 64bit libws2_32.