Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

NTDDI_VERSION < NTDDI_WS03

2011-09-26
2013-06-06
  • Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2011-09-26

Hello, the recent additions to the CRT discussed here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3408117&group_id=202880&atid=983357

helped me to compile some code dependent on directshow.

However, the definition of STATIC_KSPROPSETID_Wave_Queued, added in ksmedia.h, is enclosed by the following pre-processor if directive:

#if (NTDDI_VERSION < NTDDI_WS03)

I noticed that the evaluation of this condition gives false in my tool chain, which I compiled from the latest revision of the trunk.

Is this condition necessarily?

• Ozkan Sezer
    Ozkan Sezer
    2011-09-26

The definition check is necessary. However we have been failing to define NTDDI_VERSION properly, because we have been forgetting to include sdkddkver.h in windows.h and winnt.h.  I posted a patch and my comments about this in a mail on the developers mailing list (mingw-w64-developerlists.sourceforge.net).

• Ozkan Sezer
    Ozkan Sezer
    2011-09-26

Changes are now merged to the trunk and to all branches, affecting windows.h, winnt.h and sdkddkver.h and remedying the failure in defining NTDDI_VERSION properly.  As of this writing, svn is at rev. 4492.

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2011-09-26

cool, thanks!

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2011-09-27

I recompiled my mingw-w64 CRT from trunk rev 4505, but the NTDDI_VERSION < NTDDI_WS03 condition still evaluates to false. I tested with i686 and x86_64 targets. Any ideas?

• Ozkan Sezer
    Ozkan Sezer
    2011-09-27

Define _WIN32_WINNT to something newer, like 0x0600 (vista), then: sdkddkver.h will automatically define WINVER, as well as NTDDI_VERSION accordingly to match the NT version requirement.