Will v2 work with VS2005

Sean Flook
2006-01-16
2013-04-24
  • Sean Flook
    Sean Flook
    2006-01-16

I notice that the latest build works with ADO.NET 2.0 and you are including support for Oracle 10g, but I see there is no mention of MS SQL Server 2005.  Are you planning to support this as well?

• Bengt Gunne
      Bengt Gunne
      2006-01-18

Yes, we are. We will upgrade all supported providers to .NET 2.0.

• Sean Flook
      Sean Flook
      2006-02-13

Do you have any idea when this will be available?

• Bengt Gunne
        Bengt Gunne
        2006-02-14

I have a delivery at the end of next week. After that I will be able to do work on Mpm. If you tell me what you need, I can do that first!

mimerbg

• Sean Flook
          Sean Flook
          2006-02-15

Thanks for the update.

Initially I will need MS SQL Server 2000 and Oracle 9i support so that I can migrate our existing application to .NET 2

• Bengt Gunne
      Bengt Gunne
      2006-03-08

I have tested Mimer SQL and SQL Server and they both work with the code that is checked in. Minor test differences will be fixed. I will proceed with Oracle now.

mimerbg

• Ajay
      Ajay
      2006-03-29

I also want to use Mimer in VS 2005 but not sure that which version I should download. Can someone point me in the right direction please..

Ajay

• Fredrik Ĺlund
        Fredrik Ĺlund
        2006-04-03

The ADO.NET 2.0 version of Mimer Provider Manager (version 2.0) is currently only available in source format. This version works in Visual Studio 2005. Check out the MpmSource2005 branch from CVS and build it.

Regards,
        Fredrik

• Bengt Gunne
      Bengt Gunne
      2006-04-12

Here is a status update: In VS2005 the entire way of handling documentation has changed. At the same time the NDOC project which we have used to generate the online reference documentation is not making any progress and does not currently support .NET Framework version 2.

We have therefore evaluated alternatives for this and have decided to use Document X and Helpstudio 2 from Innovasys in conjunction with Visual Studio 2005 Help Integration Wizard.

The drawback with this solution is that the Innovasys software is not open source. However, with the help integration wizard we get a Merge module to include with the project so that anyone who wants the Mpm source version will not be required to have the Innovasys software.

All of this causes a lot of work, just to get back to the same status as the previous version of Mpm. So please be patient while we are fixing all these issues...

Regards
      Bengt

• Sean Flook
      Sean Flook
      2006-06-08

How is the work progressing?

Do you have an estimated completion date yet?

Regards
      Sean

• Bengt Gunne
      Bengt Gunne
      2006-06-12

I have started to check everything into the repository. I am doing this in parallel with another release that I am doing. I hope yo publish a release during next week.

Regards
      Bengt

• Bengt Gunne
      Bengt Gunne
      2006-06-22

The first release (2.0.1) is now published!

Regards
      Bengt

• hideghety
      hideghety
      2006-08-10

ok, it's not very hard to use it from .net 2.0 source code.

BUT IT IS POSSIBLE TO INTEGRATE IT TO THE VS2005 Server explorer control?

Will there be a DDEX interface available for this provider? It'd be great!

• Bengt Gunne
      Bengt Gunne
      2006-08-21

Yes, we will add DDEX support! Currently I am working with too many projects, but when things calm down a bit I will add Server Explorer support.

Bengt