Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I had 2.8 installed on my Windows 7 system for quite a while with no problems,
then the other day when I typeset an old document (which worked on my system
before), MiKTeX decided it needed to download a package it couldn't find
(although it was there). It said it downloaded it, extracted the files (which
it did), and then said again the package wasn't available and needed to be
downloaded again... repeat indefinitely.
Before I dive deeper into figuring this out, does that behavior sound familiar
enough to anyone?
I did think that maybe Windows ate something in MiKTeX during a Windows update
or something odd like that, so I completely de-installed 2.8 and installed 2.9
fresh, but while that worked for this problem, it created a new one because
apparently the CJK font support in 2.9 is incomplete (I'll file that as a
So going back to a fresh download of 2.8, it exhibits the same (original)
problem--it constantly thinks a bunch of packages are missing and keeps
Sometimes when packages are rearranged MikTeX can get confused. Often it helps
to synchronize the repository database (in the package manager) (in user and
admin mode) and update the FNDBs. In a small number of cases it can been
necessary to deinstall and reinstall the package which makes the trouble.