Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Microlog suggestions for improvements

Developers
2009-10-18
2013-04-26
  • Jarle Hansen
    Jarle Hansen
    2009-10-18

I will write down a few ideas I have for improvements for Microlog.
    Do you have any ideas that you would like improved/added to the project, just post them as an answer to this post.

Bluetooth server/appender:
    - The server needs a function (a drop down menu that will display a new window?) that shows the Bluetooth address of the server computer. This is to promote the "right" way of using the Bluetooth logging functionality.
    - Add good examples of ways to use the Bluetooth functionality. Make it clear that people need to avoid the selectService functionality!

• Jarle Hansen
    Jarle Hansen
    2009-10-20

add the changelist to the front page to highlight the new features and bugfixes in new releases.

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2009-10-22

That is a good suggestion. I will take a closer look at these when I am back from my vaccation.

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2009-10-31

Hi,

I have added a very simple news section on the frontpage. It has certainly room for improvements, but it is a start anyway.

Regards
    Johan

• More improvements:
    - Add the linux shell script for starting the Bluetooth server and the README.txt as well. The readme should be updated to include the newest version number.

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2009-11-01

The linux-script folder is included in the distribution under the linux-script folder. Good enough?

Regards
    Johan

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2009-11-01

Hi,

I have created a feature request for showing the Bluetooth server address in the GUI. Id: 2890336

Regards
    Johan