Developers
Zakhar
2010-06-29
2013-04-26
  • Zakhar
    Zakhar
    2010-06-29

Hi,

I have Toshiba notebook and use Toshiba Bluetooth stack.

It looks like Microlog doesn't work with it (see the cmd line and exception below).
    So, my questions are:
    1) Is Toshiba stack supported?
    2) What stacks are supported?
    3) Is it possible to support Toshiba Stack (feature request)?

java -cp bluecove-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar;bluecove-gpl-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar;microlog-server-bluetooth-2.3.5.jar net.sf.microlog.server.btspp.gui.MicrologBluetoothServerUI

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackToshiba.getLibraryVersion
    ()I
            at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackToshiba.getLibraryVersion(Native Method)
            at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.setBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:964)
            at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:502)
            at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.access$500(BlueCoveImpl.java:69)
            at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl$1.run(BlueCoveImpl.java:1044)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStackPrivileged(BlueCoveImpl.java:1042)
            at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.getBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:1035)
            at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDeviceInstance(LocalDevice.java:75)
            at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDevice.java:95)
            at net.sf.microlog.midp.bluetooth.server.BluetoothSerialServerThread.getDiscoverableLocalDevice(BluetoothSerialServerThrea
    d.java:76)
            at net.sf.microlog.midp.bluetooth.server.BluetoothSerialServerThread.<init>(BluetoothSerialServerThread.java:58)
            at net.sf.microlog.server.btspp.gui.MicrologBluetoothServerUI.<init>(MicrologBluetoothServerUI.java:78)
            at net.sf.microlog.server.btspp.gui.MicrologBluetoothServerUI$1.run(MicrologBluetoothServerUI.java:61)
            at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2010-06-29

Hi,

we are using BlueCove for the Bluetooth communication in the server. AFAIK there is no support for the Toshiba stack. However you could try the Windows stack.

Read more about BlueCove here:

http://bluecove.org/

regards
    Johan

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2010-06-29

Hi,

the answers to your original questions are:

1) No
    2) The stacks supported by BlueCove, they are Mac OS X, WIDCOMM, BlueSoleil and Microsoft Bluetooth stack found in Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista and WIDCOMM and Microsoft Bluetooth stack on Windows Mobile
    3) We do not have the resources to implement a Toshiba stack from scratch. However if you know any more Java stack we could maybe make another version of the Bluetooth server. Please advice if you know any Java Bluetooth implementation of with support for the Toshiba Bluetooth stack.

Regards
    Johan

• Zakhar
    Zakhar
    2010-06-30

Hi Johan,

I didn't understand your sentence about implementing a Toshiba stack from scratch. My understanding was that BlueCove could detect Toshiba stack and use it for Bluetooth communications.

I need your advice. I work under Windows 7 OS x64. The bluetooth works fine, except the logging from JavaME app to PC through Bluetooth. I definitely need the logging… but do not want to uninstall the stack which works fine.  Also I am not sure that another stack will work correctly. But OK, I am ready to try another stack. What stack you recommend? I have not found Microsoft Bluetooth stack for Windows 7, even on microsoft.com. So, I am going to try the Broadcom's stack. Is it correct choise?

Have a nice day!
    Alexey

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2010-06-30

Hi,

I have looked through the BlueCove documentation. Cannot find anything about the Toshiba stack, except that Toshiba x32 stack is not supported. Did not find any information about Toshiba x64 support. However you might have it right, it could support Toshiba.

Looking closer at the stack trace above, it seems that you fail to load the BlueCove DLL file. Have you installed the DLL in the right place? Please check this before trying any other stack, as this requires much more work.

Regards
    Johan

• Zakhar
    Zakhar
    2010-06-30

About what DLL are you talking about? I saw only jar files possible to download.

Alexey

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2010-06-30

Hi,

it seems that the DLL is included in the jar. So you do not need to download it.

The error in the stack trace is java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError. This means that it failed to load some library like a DLL or maybe that the method is missing.

I recommend that you contact the BlueCove team. The error is not an Microlog error, but a BlueCove error.

Regards
    Johan

• Zakhar
    Zakhar
    2010-06-30

OK, I will contact the BlueCove team.

• Hi Johan,

Latest update from my side.

I submitted the issue to Bluecove team:
    http://code.google.com/p/bluecove/issues/detail?id=114
    but didn't get any response.
    Looks like Bluecove is not actively supported.

I tried the latest WIDCOMM (Broadcom) BTW Stack software. But it didn't find my bluetooth device (device embedded to my laptop). BTW, Windows7 is missing in the list of the platforms supported by Broadcom's stack.

Actually I don't know what to do next. Do you have any ideas?

Regards,
    Alexey

• Latest update.

Now it works on my notebook.
    I just uninstalled the Toshiba stack and installed MS Bluetooth Stack ver 3.01 which I used before on Vista 32-bit.

Alexey

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2010-07-05

Nice that it works!

Sorry that the BlueCove project is not properly maintained. Also a shame that you needed to downgrade your drivers.

Regards
    Johan