Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

jar file too big!

Developers
THY THY
2009-05-20
2013-04-26
  • THY THY
    THY THY
    2009-05-20

Hi,
    I'm a j2me programmer, i ran into your project while searching the net for Log library.
    i played a little with it this is great job you guys did.

Now for the  real thing, I talk with my boss about the LIB and  in order to include the JAR in our project.
    tThe problem is we cannot exceed  our application size. we are intended to include only the following
    FileConnectionAppender, SerialAppender, RecordStoreAppender and BluetoothSerialAppender.
    Is it possible to reduce your JAR to support only those appenders?

which the package are must?

Second we would like to print also Threads,  does Microlog do that?

thanks

Tomer

• Johan Karlsson
      Johan Karlsson
      2009-05-20

Hi,

if you use the latest stable release, which is v1.1.1, I suggest that you add the source code to your project. In the appender package you remove all the appenders that you do not use. Then you could remove the s3 package as well. This is by far the biggest package in Microlog. It will also remove the dependency to the S3 jar supplied. Then you should get down to a reasonable size. You could remove those formatter classes that you do not use as well.

Another tip is to use ProGuard to remove classes that you are not interested in, and to optimize the classes. In the normal case ProGuard will automatically remove classes that is not used.

I hope that this will help you. If not, please contact me again.

FYI:
      The new Microlog V2.0 will be packaged into smaller jars, which will make it even easier to do this.

Best Regards
      Johan

• Hi,

the new packing of 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT is really different. Now you could download only the parts that you are interested in. Within a couple of days an official release will be done.

Regards
    Johan