Microlog traces sent from a device to USB

Help
2009-11-05
2013-04-26
  • Hi,

I would like to know if we can send Microlog traces over USB from a device to a PC for example ?
    this would be very usefull..

thanks for your answer.
    regards,
    Mikael

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2009-11-05

Hi,

you could use SerialAppender to do that. Please take a look at your devices documentation to find out the name of the serial port. This is not standardized :( I have tested it on a Sony Ericsson device.

Regards
    Johan

• Hi Johan,

I tried to use the SerialAppender on my SE G900. If I use your line with setComPort("AT1") I get the application to start saying I have connections USB2, COM0 and IR.

I have an USB cable connected to the phone and imagined it to connect to one of my COM ports on my computer. Tried to listen with TeraTerm on all COM ports, but there is nothing.

Is there something I am missing here? What should I use to listen on the serial connection?

Regards
    Björn

• Maybe the simple answer is that I can not since my phone do not have a debug port…

Regards Björn

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2009-12-16

Hi,

on some platforms you need to issue an AT command from the terminal on your PC to enable serial communication. For example on Sony Ericsson JP-7 you must issue this command:

AT*SEJCOMM=<port>

Please read more about this in the Sony Ericsson Developer Guidelines.

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/

Regards
    Johan

• Right, have now been using your library for logging over serial and bluetooth with SE G900 so I can confirm it works!
    The trick was as you said to send the AT*SEJCOMM=1000 command at the modem port and then connect with the phone on the same port.

Hats off to you gentlemen!

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2009-12-17

Hi,

it is nice being able to help you out.

Regards
    Johan