Property values may contain variables

2010-04-28
2013-04-26
  • What I would like to suggest is the ability to define the following properties

home=/var/log
    loggname=${home}/app.log

getProperty("loggname") returns hereby  "/var/log/app.log"

This is a change in the  net.sf.microproperties.Properties and I have this tested and ready for submition, if it's approved.

• The nobody was me :-)

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2010-04-28

That sounds like a good change. Either you send the code to me or even better, you add yourself as a developer to the Microlog. Then you could submit your changes yourself. Later on I will propagate these changes to the Microproperties project as well.

NOTE:
    In the future the Microproperties package will be imported during build time from the Microproperties project.

• Thanks Johan, maybe it's best to add me as a developer. I have more changes to come. Somehow I would like my changes to be reviewed before they goes actualy into the code base. I am sure other can contribute with improvements.

/Boris

• Sorry to bother you, but where do I add my self as a developer. Do you have any description on how I can submit code then ?

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2010-04-28

You are added as a developer to the project now. Please be careful out there! :)

I can review your code if you send it to me. Read the project documentation on how to access the Subversion repository.

(All member administration is handled by a project admin as me.)

• Johan Karlsson
    Johan Karlsson
    2010-05-08

Hi,

these changes are now commited in the subversion repository. It will be part of the upcoming Microlog V3.0 release.

Regards
    Johan