Menu

MFCTI addon suggestions

2005-01-24
2013-03-27
  • Johan Rehnberg

Johan Rehnberg - 2005-01-24

Hi Mike,

After making crCTI missions which uses ur goodMFCTI116 addon i would like to suggest some improvements for ur next version of it.

- wall should be higher to cover west mhq
    - better looking texture for wall
    - fix wall config to make it possible to destroy it with satchels
    - wall should be wider (i suggest 10m)
    - include and perhaps improve the cti_markers addon made by zyklone and me (get it from cr-ofp.dyndns.org)
    - AI should discover a shooting manned HE gun (probably M2 and AA too) easier .. AI will very seldom shoot back at a HE gun firing at him

• LaKing

LaKing - 2005-04-09

HI..

i agree on that with walls, ...
      but my problem is that AI is always running thru them

... i think the HE gun needs new mesh, and the MHQ bug must be fixed ...

thats all...
      cheers...

• Marius Huse Jacobsen

My suggestion is that someone stick a m60 (modified to take only gunner) just so far below the ground that only the turret stick up, and use for HE turret.

The AA turret would ideally get a new mesh too, one that's possible to see from a chopper. Perhaps, as a tradeoff, giving longer sam range (or even sams as an only weapon?)

The wall is destructible already, in the same way that buildings is... and this isn't sldner, either... it would have to be removing it completely once destroyed.

A suggestion of my own that I tried to implement once, there are some camo nets around that I'd suggest putting into mfcti. If you have 8 camo nets around that base, which one houses the MHQ? Choices, choices, and air units aren't all that useful without ground support......

• Breeze_BDA

Breeze_BDA - 2006-12-16

I think we should have Cargo planes and boats that can transport 2 tanks at a time.

• Mike Melvin

Mike Melvin - 2005-04-28

V1.2 is slowly nearing completion and some of these features have been added.

There are now 2 wall types including a longer one (both are taller).

HE/AA guns, base defense, and AI detection is much better now.

I also agree on the wall textures but that depends on how much my poor texturing skill increases between now and the next release...;P

• Tim Danforth

Tim Danforth - 2005-07-09

for AA you should add the BDRM and HMMWV models that are fitted with SAMs. I think I've seen them on ofp.info. This would prevent your base from being raped by helochopters and would probably not be as laggy as Shilkas...

• Tim Danforth

Tim Danforth - 2005-07-09

another thing that might be useful are randomly parked cars and other modes of transportation in the vilages, it really sucks if your ride dies and your on the uneventful side of the island. I don't mind running around if something is a reasonable distance away, but it really sucks when you have to run across the island. I was thinking that some people might like prefabricated base designs that the commander could use. This could free up the commanders time for he will no longer have to worry about lining up walls and buildings.

• noneoftheabove

noneoftheabove - 2005-08-03

One time I was playing as the East on Nogova and I decided to fight "guerrilla style". So I took the MHQ and parked it in the forest in the mountains and fought the West with only infantry. So what I would really really really like to see is the ability to play as the resistance side. You could spawn with just a shotgun or rifle and when you buy soldiers, they would start with no weapon. And you could buy a cheaper soldier - a civilian - or a better one like normal.

Also, it would be cool to have the ability (as the resistance) to build tunnel entrances where you can select a button that will teleport you from one tunnel entrance to another.

I don't know if it is possible, but maybe the resistance side could ally with one side (East/Res or West/Res) and be able to purchase western/eastern vehicals and weapons, instead of having to fight for them.

Anyway, other than that I would like the AI to be a little smarter (esp. in coop). Instead of sending tons and tons of armor (which easily are destroyed by Carl Gustav's and AT-4's), they would actually have infantry there to support the tanks, and have the ability to request reinforcements from nearby groups.