we have made several changes to TMeV in order to adapt it to the needs
of Delta2D  our software for 2D gel image analysis. We have, for example:
- used expression profiles from our spot data as input
- made it possible to propagate the selection of expression profiles
back to our program
- patched the analysis procedure such that newly generated analysis
branches are opened immediately
- removed some code duplications
We'd like to contribute our changes to the main code base. What would be
the process for this?
I have found other projects that maintain patches to use other data sources:
- The Generation Challenge Program (GCP) if the International Rice
Research Institute  
- BASE - BioArray Software Environment  
- Signae (uses BASE) 
So using external data sources would be an interesting avenue for
further development, e.g. by defining an API.
We'd be glad to contribute to this and to the TMeV package in general.
Please let me know how we can get involved.
CTO, DECODON GmbH
PS: It was somewhat hard for me to find the sourceforge project page,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mev-tm4/ how about putting a link to it
on http://www.tm4.org/mev.html ?
 Delta2D - http://www.decodon.com/Solutions/Delta2D.html
 GCP software https://cropforge.org/projects/pantheon/
 TMeV patches from the GCP
 BASE - http://base.thep.lu.se/
 BASE - patches to TMeV: http://trac.thep.lu.se/trac/basehacks/wiki/MeV
 Signae TMeV http://www.sigenae.org/index.php?id=88