Help
Ben
2011-08-29
2013-05-20
  • Ben
    Ben
    2011-08-29

Hi all,

I recently upgrade MeV from V4_5 to V4_7_3 and have a problem concerning the active data selection (green rectangle highlighted).
    In fact in the previous Mev version, a right click on any cluster or result from any analysis (filtering, clustering, statistic test, etc…) gave the option to choose it as the active data. Now, in the V4_7_3 this option have disappeared and I don't know how to select the new data source.

The only way I've found is to right click on the cluster (or filtering result, etc..) and choose "launch a new session".

Can anyone help me ?

Many thanks.

• Eleanor Howe
    Eleanor Howe
    2011-09-14

Hi there,

We have had to disable that function, as it has been causing stability problems with other parts of MeV. It was an old function that has been surpassed by other parts of MeV. Lets figure out which of them best suits your needs. You've already found out that you can "launch as new viewer" any group of genes/samples in a node of the result tree. Since you are still asking about the function here, I'll assume that isn't working well enough for you.

Have you tried using the cluster manager? Usually, people have used the "set as data source" function when they wanted to apply a module to only a subset of their loaded data. Many of MeV's modules will allow you to select a subset of genes/samples for analysis if they are a part of a cluster - a group of selected genes or samples that have been assigned a color label and a name. There is a good tutorial on creating and using clusters here: http://www.tm4.org/mev/?q=node/236

Does this help?

Eleanor