Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Loading Annotation file

Help
Sean
2010-05-20
2013-05-20
  • Sean
    Sean
    2010-05-20

Hi,

I am having a problem loading an annotation file from a local file. What format does the file need to be in? In the past I have used a .csv file format and that has worked fine. However, now my annotation file does not appear to load.

Thanks for your help.

• sonia
    sonia
    2010-05-21

I am having the same problem with loading the Affy HuGene-1_0-st-v1.na30.hg19.transcript.csv annotation file downloaded from http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/annotationfilesmain.affx .

I upload a tab-delimited file with my expression values, select 'Single-color Array' and 'Load from local file'

Clicking 'Load' proceeds with no problems, no reported errors, but the information is not accessible in the menus as options to annotate the gene labels.

When do you anticipate making the affy HuGene-1.0st array annotations part of the preloaded option?

• Eleanor Howe
    Eleanor Howe
    2010-05-24

Hi Turkeyri, spfarris,

I'm afraid the current version of MeV doesn't support csv files. If you convert the file to tab-delimited with Excel you should be able to get it to load. Keep in mind that the first column of identifiers in the data file needs to match the first column in the annotation file.

We are currently working on providing support for auto-loaded Illumina annotation files. The Affy ST files are next on our list. I expect to have support for them this summer, but I can't make any promises as to exactly when.

Eleanor

• Adanar
    Adanar
    2010-07-05

Apart from the tab-delimited as well as that the first column of identifiers in the data file needs to match the first column in the annotation file, are there any other prerequisites in order to load the annotation file?
    What should be the format of the annotation file?

• Hello:

I'm a mev user. I have used an annotation file in tab delimited format (first column: identifiers, second column: annotation) and it works. When you add the file (utilities/ append gene annotation), I have to select an empty option in Gene identifier (instead of UID), and when the file has been loaded, I have to select it in Display/Gene-row labels. I hope this is helpful for you.

Best regards.

Daniel.