Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

MEV v4.8- no annotations

Help
Joel Ma
2012-02-21
2013-05-20
  • Joel Ma
    Joel Ma
    2012-02-21

Hi

I recently installed Tmev v4.8 on Win7. My first issue is- when i click on the Mev.exe file, a black window appears and disappears. I checked the FAQ and updated my Java, deleted all the installed Tmev, downloaded and extracted a new copy of v4.8, but the same thing happened. Strangely, if I double-clicked on the Tmev.bat file, the software will open as per normal. Was the mev.exe the correct file to open?

After opening the Tmev.bat, here's where I encountered my second issue. When I loaded my CEL files, chose the species and the correct annotation file, no annotations appear on the generated heatmap. Only the probesets id were there. I found it strange because I did not have that problem in Nov 2011.

Can someone advise me? My system is windows 7, has Java 6 update 31, and had no problems with Tmev between Sep-Nov 2011 (until my PC crashed and I had to re-install everything).

Cheers

• Caroline
    Caroline
    2012-06-26

I am having the same problem with the latest version, there are no gene annotations.  Can anyone advise me on how to solve this?
    Thanks