Help
Karl
2010-09-29
2013-05-20
  • Karl
    Karl
    2010-09-29

Dear MeV Users and Developers,

I could have sworn i'd generated pearson correlation matrices using MeV in the past- the kind that typically show positive correlation in red, negative in blue, and none in white for all pairwise comparisons between, eg. samples. But i can't find this option in my current 4.5.1 install anywhere?!

Is it me, or was this option never available in MeV?

Actually what im looking for (searched the Mev manual without success) is the definitive reference where this plot was first used for microarray result visualization.

All thoughts and responses greatly appreciated,

Karl

• Hello Karl,

The Gene Distance Matrix module does something similar.  Distances are scaled to 0-1 and put on a single color-scale.

• Karl
    Karl
    2010-10-01

Cheers Daniel,

Thank you very much  for promptly replying. Indeed, I came across that during my search and appreciate your confirmation that it can be used for this purpose.

But just for the record, did earlier versions of MeV output the the stereotypical pearson correlation matrix with default red-white-blue colors?

Still chasing that reference i find the MeV manual so usewful for too…

thanks again,

Karl

• Karl
    Karl
    2010-10-01

Hi Daniel,

Thanks to the ease of MeV installation i found my old(est) MeV install- v4.0. And still no 'pearson correaltion matrix' so geuss i'm chasing something which never in MeV and confusing it with some thing some where else.

Awesome program and manual, keep up the great work,

Karl