Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Welcome to Developers

Developers
2009-09-15
2013-05-20
  • Eleanor Howe
    Eleanor Howe
    2009-09-15

Welcome to Developers

• botto
    botto
    2010-11-12

Hi Eleanore,

What was annoying me for some time when working with MeV over the last years on my mac, was the circumstance that the running application is usually displayed with the standard Java symbol. The bold thing is, that it's hard to discriminate visually from other java applications running at the same time.

I know that's a … well more than minor issue. It's more a feel comfy issue. Well however, I took a bit of time some weeks ago and just clicked a small vector based icon together that could be used as a desktop symbol for MeV. On my Mac, I managed to assign it to my automator shell script which is launching the MeV application but not yet the "org.tigr.microarray.mev.tmev" java application which gets started by MeV. Still it's better than nothing for me. :-)

If you think it might be nice to integrate such an icon in the next version, I'd be happy to provide the original graphic file or modify the image for you according to your wishes.