Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Labview v5.1?

Help
Antzzz
2004-11-22
2013-04-29
  • Antzzz
    Antzzz
    2004-11-22

Hi, by the looks of things lvdiff doesn't work with Labview 5.1 - the lvdiff.vi vi doesn't open in this version? Any chance of saving lvdiff.vi in v5 format so that us poor souls who are unable to upgrade our version of Labview but have to use a version control package can use it?

• Ian Dees
      Ian Dees
      2005-08-25

Hi.

I'm so sorry it took so long for me to see this -- there's some weirdness going on with the forum monitoring.  To answer your question -- alas, I don't have access to LV 5.1 or LV 6i (which can back-save into 5.1).

However, it's quite possible that someone on Info-LabVIEW (http://www.info-labview.org) has the right version and would be able to convert the files for you.

--unDees

• Remco Gerlich
      Remco Gerlich
      2007-07-31

Your message isn't as late as mine :-)

Same question, different version - any chance of getting a 7.0 or 7.1 version of the VIs? This looks like a great tool, but we haven't moved to 8.0 yet.

• Ian Dees
        Ian Dees
        2007-08-03

I'll try a backsave from 8.0 to 7.1 when I'm back in the office next week.  Shall I send them to your scarblac SourceForge address?

• Tony B
      Tony B
      2008-03-12

I was curious to know if a compatible version was made for Labview 7.1?
      I get an error when I run it that says "labview 8.0 newer then labview 7.1" or something like that.
      I'm guessing it is because your VI's are in labview 8?

Thanks!

• Ian Dees
      Ian Dees
      2008-03-13

Hi, Tony.  I think the LabVIEW 7.1 save was a one-off for a single user who needed it.  I can try back-saving for you, if you like, and send it to your eazycoder address.  Will that work for you?

• Tony B
        Tony B
        2008-03-28

Yes, emailing to my eazycoder address if that's ok. It looks like another user has posted a request as well so it might be worth it to post the 7.1 versions of the labview files.

Thanks a bunch!

• jccorreu
      jccorreu
      2008-03-28

I too am looking for this utility for LabView 7.1.  It seems that this may become worth it for you to post a version for those of us there are whom I'm certain will remain for ahwile with 7.1.1.

I'll take it at my email address of course if that is how you'd rather.

Thanks
      James

• Ian Dees
      Ian Dees
      2008-03-31

Hi, everyone.

I was hoping to send the back-saved VIs by private mail, so that we could shake out any missing vi.lib or user.lib files before unleashing them on the world.  But SourceForge's email is bouncing zipfiles, so I've posted them to a tracker instead:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=29668&atid=396983&file_id=272676&aid=1930685

If all goes well, I can do a full release that also includes the lvdiff executable and config file.

--undees

• jccorreu
      jccorreu
      2008-04-01

Ok so here is what I have so far...

lvdiff.vi
        Virtual Instrument
          - The subVI expected to be at "C:\Program Files\LVDIFF\Open Config Data.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\config.llb\Open Config Data.vi".
          - The subVI expected to be at "C:\Program Files\LVDIFF\Read Key (String).vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\config.llb\Read Key (String).vi".
          - The subVI expected to be at "C:\Program Files\LVDIFF\Close Config Data.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\config.llb\Close Config Data.vi".
          - The subVI expected to be at "C:\Program Files\LVDIFF\Read Key (Path).vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\config.llb\Read Key (Path).vi".
          - The subVI expected to be at "C:\Program Files\LVDIFF\Simple Error Handler.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\Simple Error Handler.vi".

also the version of CMP_compare_two_vis.vi has a different connector pane than your reference expects.  I assume that the vi was modified between LV7.1.1 and LV8.*.  The difference is simply the existence of the 2 references for the 2 vi's.  I placed a new vi_refum to the version I have, and made the call_by_reference frame match, and simply deleted the wires from the obtain_application_reference primitive.

This works fine when I run the lvdiff.vi when I create an lvdiff.ini with the names of the 2 vi's i want to compare.

I then did a basic build, and tried to use the new .exe i created through TortoiseSVN.  But now, when it starts loading the two comparison heirarchies, it wants to look in the LVDIFF directory for all the libraries (Labview and OpenG).  And it becomes too much to go through and send it to them all.

Thats it for me tonight. I'm going home.

• jccorreu
      jccorreu
      2008-04-01

Ok I see where I made my mistake.  The .exe you had was compiled from the c-code you have there, its not a labview executable.  So I put the .exe back in from you LV8.x version and setup TortoiseSVN to use it for diff and merge and it seems to be working.

So then it looks like the only issues I really had are that 5 files locations are different.  And that the cmp_compare_two_vis.vi has a different connector pane.

Thanks, and I hope this helps
      James

• Ian Dees
        Ian Dees
        2008-04-06

Hi, James.

Thanks for giving this a shot.  Yes, NI changed the layout of the compare_two_vis pane between 7.1 and 8.0.1.  I don't have access to 7.1 any more; if you get the chance, could you post the version you corrected to the tracker entry?

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1930685&group_id=29668&atid=396983

As to the 5 files being in different paths, LabVIEW should remember the new locations after the first time you save lvdiff.vi.  Is this working for you now?

• jccorreu
          jccorreu
          2008-04-07

Yeah it is working. 
          I did not see how I could upload to that tracker so i created a new one.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1937119&group_id=29668&atid=396983

If you want I could send you personally the LV7.1.1 version of the compare2vis.vi.  I wont put it up since its proprietary and I think NI might get mad, but I could see sending it your way so you could test it (assuming it does not need anything else thats different from 7.1 to 8.x)

• Ian Dees
            Ian Dees
            2008-04-21

Hi, James.

I don't think I need the NI comparison VI; just the lvdiff.vi you posted is fine (and of course keeps us on healthier legal ground).  I'll re-assemble the 7.1 version of the zip and post it as a release.  Thanks for your help on this.

--Ian