Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Interest in project / task timers?

mark_k
2006-11-03
2013-04-16
  • mark_k
    mark_k
    2006-11-03

The one thing I'm missing from memoranda is a weekly report of where I spent my time. For the time being, I keep track of the things-I-have-to-do in memoranda, and a list of those projects and their times for the day in a text file (yes, it's ugly).

I'd love some sort of Timer concept where I could start memoranda in the morning, and have the active project (and perhaps project items - tasks seem to be the only other widget that fits) accumulate time. On Friday (or end-of-day, or end-of-month), I'd love to push the 'What did I do this week?' button and get a text report listing the projects that were active, and their accumulated time. Then on Monday, zero out the timers and start over for that week. Or time keeps accumulating, and the report has date boundaries so I can trend last week vs. last year.

This may be edging away from memoranda's primary focus as a work diary, but I think it could fall under the personal-project-management aspect. In terms of acting as my personal project manager, I'd like to be able to see how long a project took, and perhaps the time for each task. Some sort of partner to the 'Estimated Effort' field in tasks  would  help me compare estimated vs. actual time for a task.

At any rate, I seem to remember seeing a previous request on a related topic, and that at the time this feature was out of scope for core memoranda development. Is that still the case? Would this be helpful to anyone else? And yes, I'm up for helping out to get this implemented.

Thanks for a great product.
    Cheers
    - Mark k.

• An interesting feature, indeed. I suggest to submit a FR for it can be reviewed for 2.0 version along with other requests.

• mark_k
      mark_k
      2006-11-06

Moved this to tracker 1591522.