Help
gjh_nl
2007-02-27
2013-05-30
  • gjh_nl
    gjh_nl
    2007-02-27

Hi,

First of all MediaTomb performs fantastic with my philips SL400 and for music and pictures a good replacement of the philips windows software (SimpleCenter). One of the features I miss is playlists.

I was playing with the configure options and noticed that between release 1156 and the current release 1189 something happens to extractor_handler.cc; see the following compiler errors with libextractor enabled:

#make -s
    Making all in tombupnp
    Making all in build
    Making all in build
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc: In member function ‘virtual void ExtractorHandler::fillMetadata(zmm::Ref<CdsItem>)’:
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:342: error: ‘ConfigManager’ was not declared in this scope
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:342: error: template argument 1 is invalid
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:342: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘=’ token
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:342: error: ‘ConfigManager’ is not a class or namespace
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:343: error: ‘Element’ was not declared in this scope
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:343: error: template argument 1 is invalid
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:343: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘=’ token
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:343: error: base operand of ‘->’ is not a pointer
    ../src/metadata/extractor_handler.cc:344: error: base operand of ‘->’ is not a pointer
    make[2]: *** [libmediatomb_a-extractor_handler.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make: *** [all] Error 2

With libextractor disabled the compiler ends without errors. Normally I use ./configure --enable-taglib

I hope this is useful.

Regards,
    Jan

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-02-27

oops, I just remembered that we simply forgot to test the extractor handler :) it is usually disabled and is seen as the "last resort", so I guess I changed something and simply missed the fact that it was disabled in configure and thus never compiled.

fixed in rev 1190

thanks for the report!

playlists are planned, hopefully we can bring them in 0.9.1, we also plan to add Streamium specific functions like by letter browsing and shuffle; I use a Streamium too :>

Greetings,
      Jin

• gjh_nl
        gjh_nl
        2007-02-27

Hi Jin,

Thanks for the fast reply all OK now. The shuffle function of the Streamium works via remote control but is only supported during playback. For shuffle there is no indication and info about next song is wrong on display.

Greetings,
        Jan

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-02-27

Thanks for the feedback :)

Hmm, maybe they changed it? But from what I remember shuffly was a vendor UPnP command that was sent to the server, the server then shuffled the content. I'll have to look at it again, but thats anyway something for after 0.9.0 :>

Greetings,
      Jin