Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

FF/Rewind and Samsung 5000

Help
2011-03-30
2013-05-30
  • Finally I got my Samsung C5000 working with mediatomb. The only problem is using of FastForward/Rewind keys, Samsung raports - not supported - after depresing FF or Rev. Is any possibility to get it working?

• BT
    BT
    2011-03-30

I have tried getting the FF and REW buttons to work on my Samsung but without success. However the < and > buttons do work. If you press them once the stream will jump around 15 secs and if you hold them down it will jump a couple of minutes.

• I use my Samsung TV and Audio system together with Logitech Harmony 525 universal remote controler. It is because Samsung remote has many undocumented features. For example - direct selecting of inputs (HDMI1, HDMI2, TV etc), separate power on and power off keys and so on.
    And (very important for Samsung users) it is possible to assign keys "Skip back" and "Skip forward". So it is possible to jump one whole audio/video file forward or back. It is feature build in Samsung Media Player.
    Any idea how to play with such skipping using MediaTomb?

• BT
    BT
    2011-03-31

You could do a Wireshark capture and see what MediaTomb is sending to your TV compared to Samsung's PC Share Manager software (Windows only). This is how users discovered the extra HTTP headers that Samsung TV's require to work with MediaTomb.

Please note that MediaTomb is not a DLNA media server, only UPnP. So it might be impossible without implementing the DLNA specification which is a lot of work.

• OK, I will try with wireshark. The only problem is that I have seen Windows based PC about 10 years ago :-(