Help
astek
2012-01-06
2013-05-30
  • astek
    astek
    2012-01-06

Hello,

I have just installed MediaTomb on my headless debian linux box and I am facing a small problem which I can not solve.

MediaTomb is running on a device with IP 10.10.10.133, however when I point to any media, the tooltip shows IP 10.9.8.1.
    Clicking on any media of course results in a timeout. The situation can be seen on the following picture:

Does somebody have a clue what is going on? The only configuration that I did was to enable the UI and modified the passwor.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,
    Ales

• astek
    astek
    2012-01-06

One more thing to add:

Although I can interact with MediaTomb via web browser, UPnP players do not detect the MediaTomb server.

Additionally, if I copy the media link provided by MediaTomb web interface, change the IP provided in the link
    from 10.9.8.1 to 10.10.10.133, paste this link into browser, then I can successfully download that media file.

• astek
    astek
    2012-01-06

Guys, I found my problem. For some reason unknown to me, MediaTomb tried to serve media over OpenVPN tun interface.
    After stopping OpenVPN and its tun interface, MediaTomb works perfectly. I just need to find how to run them both.