Database structure modification

Help
2011-03-30
2013-05-30
  • I have subdir /home/media/disk-1/Video with all my films gruped in several subdirs. I want to see in databse under VIDEO subtree ONLY structure of /home/media/disk-1/Video. At this moment all video files located in Audio and Photo subdirs are shown. And of course in PHOTO DB subtree I can see pictures from AUDIO (covers) etc. Is it possible to change layout of database I can see by editing any config file or DB templates?

• BT
    BT
    2011-03-31

If you want to modify the database layout, you will need to edit import.js. The scripting documentation is a great resource to get you started.

• OK. For test I removed from import.jt lines responsible for selecting Genres and Year The lines below):

chain = new Array('Audio', 'Genres', genre);
        addCdsObject(obj, createContainerChain(chain), UPNP_CLASS_CONTAINER_MUSIC_GENRE);

chain = new Array('Audio', 'Year', date);
        addCdsObject(obj, createContainerChain(chain));

I removed from database structure ALL contects and after restarting MT daemon, run discover proces manually.
    The DB structure I got after was the same., withoyt changes. My question is (I will be happy for answer!) - Is any more things I have to do to got new DB layout?

• BT
    BT
    2011-04-01

To use a custom import script you need to change <virtual-layout type="builtin"> to <virtual-layout type="js">.

• OK. Fine! Works.
    I want to hide "PC-directory" folder listed under each option - Audio, Video and Photo. So I add the line:
    <pc-directory upnp-hide="yes"/>
    after the opening '<server>' tag in config.xml file. But still I have "PC-directory" folder listed. Is any way to remove it globally?

• BT
    BT
    2011-04-01

So what you're saying is that when you go to "Videos" on your TV, you see the "Audio" and "Photos" folders as well? I believe this is normal as even my TV and PS3 do this. However if you also see the "PC Directory" folder then that shouldn't show up if you have set it to hide.

You can't remove the "PC Directory" container, you can only hide it from UPnP clients. You should notice that in the MediaTomb web interface the "PC Directory" container is a top level item along with "Videos", "Audio" and "Photos" and is always visible there. I'm not 100% sure but I think the UPnP specification requires it.

• Of course. It is impossible to remove PD-DIRECTORY but I want to hide it (not remove). I use configuration according to:
    http://wiki.flexion.org/InstallingMediaTomb012.html#5.5
    But it does not work. I dont know why  :-(
    On my TV set when I go to Video, i see Audio, Photo and PC-Directory too. The same happens when I go to Audio or Photo. But on my Networked Media Player (PCH A110) PC-Directory is listed only in "root" resources of MediaTomb server. And when I go to Video resources for example (on A110), only subdirs containing video files are listed. All others no. It is totaly different to may Samaung 5000 TV set. The question is WHY?

• BT
    BT
    2011-04-01

I'm not sure why it does that. I've set the "PC Directory" to be hidden as well and my Samsung LA32C650 and PS3 don't show it.

• PARTIALY SOLVED! Probably because of time I sent the last post (1:36 AM) I placed <pc-directory upnp-hide="yes"/> in wrong section. After correction the error the PC-Directory IS HIDDEN!
    Byt still on my TV set when I go to Video, i see Audio and Photo too. But on my PCH A110 - not (so in case of A110 is correct).
    Is any possibility to place statement like (it is only my sample!) "<audio-directory hide="yes"/>" under Video section for example?

• BT
    BT
    2011-04-02

No you can't hide those containers. It's up to the UPnP device whether to display the Audio and Photos containers in the Video container and vice versa.

• Sometimes life is brutal  :-(

• xelfer
    xelfer
    2011-04-25

I changed import.js

function addAudio(obj)
    {
    }

that removed the Video container, you can give that a try.

• xelfer
    xelfer
    2011-04-25

sorry, that should read 'audio' container.