m3u playlists broken in 0.12.1

Help
peteS
2013-01-18
2013-05-30
  • peteS
    peteS
    2013-01-18

I built the server from the source tarball. It works fine with the exception of m3u playlists which supposedly are supported. All the required components are installed. I explicitly added the directories, m3u, and wav files via the MediaTomb web interface. When I click on a m3u file there is a short pause, but nothing happens. I've tried this with extremely simple m3u files (no exotic characters, paths without spaces, same directy as wav targets), but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions on how to get this working are most welcome.

• Anonymous
    2013-01-24

they are, it's working for me.
    they donnot appear under the dnla directories, nor can you launch them like that.
    they are scanned then a directory structure is build with the m3u content (by playlist.js)

• Jin
    Jin
    2013-01-24

Also note that playlist parsing will only work if MediaTomb is compiled with libjs support which might be a bit tricky since we do not yet support SpiderMonkey 1.8.5 and I guess older versions are no longer available on modern distributions. Currently I am working on a port of our scripting code to the new SpiderMonkey API, but that's not finished yet.

• Anonymous
    2013-01-25

any idea of the timeline progress ?

• Jin
    Jin
    2013-01-25

I finished the port today, I still need to clean up a few things and will push the fixes this weekend. Can't say when 0.12.2 will be out, but until then you could compile MediaTomb from source.