• Tomas Larsson
    Tomas Larsson
    2011-05-28

I have curl installed,
    curl 7.15.5-9.el5_6.2
    curl-devel 7.15.5-9.el5_6.2
    python-curl 7.15.5-1.2.el5.rf

despite that I get
    configure: Checking for curl (needed for extended external transcoding/YouTube support)
    checking for curl-config… /usr/local/bin/curl-config
    checking curl cflags… -I/usr/local/include
    checking curl libraries… -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -lldap -lrt -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lz
    checking curl/curl.h usability… yes
    checking curl/curl.h presence… yes
    checking for curl/curl.h… yes
    checking for curl_easy_init in -lcurl… no
    configure: WARNING: curl not found, disabling YouTube

src-version is 0.12.1
    OS CENTOS 5.4

• BT
    BT
    2011-05-29

Did you compile curl yourself or did you install it via your distributions package manager?

Furthermore, you most likely don't need curl support in MediaTomb. It's needed for YouTube support (which is currently broken) and for transcoding agents that don't support URL input i.e. FFmpeg. And you will only need this if you want to transcode an online stream with FFmpeg. In this case it would be better to use VLC or MPlayer.

• Tomas Larsson
    Tomas Larsson
    2011-05-29

Well, it seems like both of my posts gandles the same thing, so I'll continue in this thread.

Well, Yes I understand that I might not need curl, however, since something is playing up, I'd like to know why and how to fix it.
    curl libs are distro-packages, so I did not compile them myself.
    Could possibly be the problem, or?

• BT
    BT
    2011-05-29

I wouldn't think that the distribution supplied curl packages shouldn't be the cause. I thought that maybe you compiled them yourself and messed something up.

I can see from this post that curl was compiled with many optional features (L/usr/kerberos/lib -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -lldap -lrt -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lz). Did your package manager install the required dependencies as well? I would assume it would since most modern package managers do so.

• Tomas Larsson
    Tomas Larsson
    2011-05-29

kerberos libs are installed, however in a different path /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib/kerberos

I have now installed the latest curl, no change.

• BT
    BT
    2011-05-29

I think it's a problem with your distributions curl package. I suggest you take the issue to their support forums or irc. Sorry I couldn't offer any real help.

• Tomas Larsson
    Tomas Larsson
    2011-05-29

I downloaded and installed latest curl from the curl-project homepage,
    Maybe it is broken, but that would be strange.

• BT
    BT
    2011-05-29

You only need to download the package from the curl homepage if you're compiling yourself. It would be strange if the package was broken. The problem is I don't use CentOS so I have no idea how to install MediaTomb on it.

I did find a post on this forum that might help you. https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediatomb/forums/forum/440751/topic/4012092

• Tomas Larsson
    Tomas Larsson
    2011-05-29

The problem being that the version in the repos are quite old, from october -2009 version 0.11.0-2.el5.1