Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Color tag mp3 vs WMA...Is it possible?

Help
connectin
2013-01-26
2013-05-30
  • connectin
    connectin
    2013-01-26

I have most of my library as high quality WMA.  However, some of these songs are duplicated as mp3.  Can I tell MT to color code mp3 so I can easily distinguish them when browsing?  Even changing the font size, or bolding etc. should work.

Thanks.

• Jin
    Jin
    2013-01-26

Are you referring to the web interface? You for sure can not influence the fonts or style on your UPnP player; doing so in the web interface is also not supported.

You can however tune the import script, so that you add an "(mp3)" or some character or symbol to the title of the file.

• connectin
    connectin
    2013-01-26

The import script is what I would need.  Yes, adding a mp3 to the title of a song would be great.  But I would like MT to recognize AND tag the mp3 itself.  Considering I have several thousands of songs !!

Thanks for any help.  Please, please be as explicit in instructions as you can !! :-)  Not a big Unix guy here !!  ;-)

• connectin
    connectin
    2013-01-27

I looked at import.js. But the mimetypes are listed in config.xml.   I don't see anything about mime type in import.js.  Where would I add the tag?

Thanks.

• connectin
    connectin
    2013-01-27

Anybody?

• Jin
    Jin
    2013-01-27

That's not related to "Unix" in any way, it's JavaScript, I suggest to read through:
    http://mediatomb.cc/pages/scripting

It explains everything in great detail, your script gets all the information about a media object, including the mime type.