Help
Kai Wegner
2007-08-25
2013-05-30
  • Kai Wegner
    Kai Wegner
    2007-08-25

Hi,

finally I am able to play videos at my Philips 37PF9731D/10. (thx to the mime-mapping).
    But images are not working with mediatomb. :-(
    I captured a few packages with tcpdump to figure out if it belongs to another mime problem.
    It seems that mediatomb is sending the image as an attachment, but the Philips Mediamanager is not.

Somebody got any hint or comment?

Best regards,
      ki

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-08-25

Hmm, I am not sure if that makes a difference, could you do a quick check please?

Simply pick some image on the web and manually create an external URL item via the Web UI; will that work?
      You can also check with wireshark to make sure that the server from where you will be requesting the image does not send the header in question.

If this HTTP header is indeed the problem I will make it optional.

Thanks,
      Jin

• Kai Wegner
        Kai Wegner
        2007-08-26

It's really strange .. after I reinstalled everything, let Mediatomb create its standard configuration-file and used it as base for my configuration-file, finally everthing is working fine.
        Whatever I do, I can't reproduce the problem?!

I'm really happy using Mediatomb with my Philips TV. :-)
        I would like to donate the amount what TwonkyVision costs, because now I'm not forced to use it (not working either, but was my first choice).

I tried everything using my WRTSL54G as an mediaserver and full featured linux-box. (dd-wrt, openwrt, thibor's hyperwrt, ushare, gmediaserver, twonkyvision, ...)
        Configuration is now:
          + Packetprotector Firmware with optware installed
          + Mediatomb

Thank you for your fast reply!

Best regards,
          ki

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-08-26

Hmm, well, I'm happy it worked out in the end :)

Also thanks for your offer, I will e-mail you the information. I guess we should set up the donations on SF, just did not come to it yet :)

Kind regards,
      Jin