Can't get transcoding working

Help
cmgreenman
2014-01-27
2014-01-27
  • cmgreenman
    cmgreenman
    2014-01-27

I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find an answer to a problem I'm having. I'm running a mediatomb server on Ubuntu 12.10 and watch media on various devices including a Sony BluRay player. The problem I have is that several of my videos won't play on the BluRay and those that do won't display subtitles so I tried to configure transcoding to solve the issue. I've enabled transcoding in the config file, added the appropriate mimetypes and configured the mimetype profiles. When I go to play a video, however, mediatomb never trasncodes but rather just sends the raw video stream to the player.

I've tried both ffmpeg and avconv on the backend and both are outputting the right format (mpeg) and I have verified the input file mimetype is correct (using the mediatomb GUI) and is defined in the config.xml. I've even verified the config is being read using DEBUG output. The transcoding script is executable and the mediatomb user can execute it. Is there something else I'm missing?

Here is my config.xml

Last edit: cmgreenman 2014-01-27
    Attachments
    • gibbylinks
      gibbylinks
      2014-01-27

What file formats don't play ?

I ask because my Samsung Blu-Ray won't playback MKV file from my NAS but it does play them from a USB stick. This is a known problem with my Blu-Ray though.