Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Not always marking played items

Help
ajbw
2010-11-27
2013-05-30
  • ajbw
    ajbw
    2010-11-27

Hiya, I've been using mediatomb for a year or so now, in conjunction with PS3.  Around a month ago I bought a new PS3, and set up a brand new mediatomb 0.12.1 installation on Archlinux to go with it (my old installation was Debian).  On this new installation, however, mediatomb is extremely flakey about marking played items.  I'd say it works about 50% of the time.  I do have the required settings:

<mark-played-items enabled="yes" suppress-cds-updates="yes">
            <string mode="prepend">* </string>
            <mark>
              <content>video</content>
            </mark>
          </mark-played-items>

I cannot see any pattern governing which items are marked and which are not, but it seemed to work fine for the first couple of weeks.  It doesn't matter how many times I play an item or how many times I restart mediatomb and/or the PS3; the offending items are just never marked as played.

Any ideas about how to troubleshoot the issue?  Help is greatly appreciated :)

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-12-26

One known issue is that only the virtual item that you play is marked, it's references are not. So you if have the same item in differnet virtual containers the marking is still done per item, even if the virtual items reference one real item.

Otherwise - no idea; when a HTTP GET request for the video data comes in we call the marking function which updates the item in the database…