Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Video files with .ogm extension.

Help
2007-11-12
2013-05-30
  • Krusty-Ruffle
    Krusty-Ruffle
    2007-11-12

I'm using XBMC as my main multi media center, and Ubuntu 7.10 as the server. I installed MediaTomb from the fiesty repositories. I am having a problem with some video files the use the .ogm extension. When they are sent to XBMC they only show up in the music section. They can be played from there, but I would much prefer it if they showed up in the video section. I have searched for information about mime types, and I understand that the problem revolves around the ogg container having the mime type of application/ogg, but I am unable to find a way to set things up so that the .ogm extension reports as video of some sort.

I would prefer to find a standards compliant 'correct' way to fix this, but at this point I'll probably be willing to try hacking in anything that works.

Thanks to anyone for any help or advice about this, it will be appreciated  =^)

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-11-12

The "correct" fix is already in the latest svn version ;) I added some code to recognize between theora and vorbis, so ogg theora will go under video and ogg vorbis under audio.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• Krusty-Ruffle
      Krusty-Ruffle
      2007-11-13

Ahh, so, looks like it's getting to be time to break out the build tools and libraries then!

Thanks for the reply, and the program :)