How do I play music while photos display?

Help
2010-10-28
2013-05-30
  • Dale E. Moore
    Dale E. Moore
    2010-10-28

How can I configure MediaTomb to play music while the photo slideshow is displaying? Should I put a music file in the photos folder or is there some other configurable option?

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-10-31

This is not a server but a player feature, so there is nothing that you configure on the server…

• Dale E. Moore
    Dale E. Moore
    2010-11-01

That's an interesting perspective; I don't see it the same way you do.

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-11-01

Well, I do not see it, I *know* :) It's not specced within UPnP, I did participate in development of players where this feature was required and it had to be a player feature, because there is no spec of server side support for it.

The server does not really care how much stuff and what stuff you stream from it, so if the player is streaming a song and allows you to continue browsing and additionally viewing images - that's all fine, for us it's no difference if you browse with one device or with several devices or if one devices browses/streams twice at the same time.

Of course you can check your options if your player does not support this feature, one possibility would be to generate a an endless video stream out of photos and supply and add audio tracks of your choice, but I do not consider this a usable solution.

• Dale E. Moore
    Dale E. Moore
    2010-11-01

What players did you add this feature to?

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-11-01

That was ages ago, if I recall correctly we did it on the old streamium line (sl300i/sl400i/mx6000i). I know that some newer philips streamium products also support this feature, can't tell you which exactly though - I am no longer involved there.