Compile problem: libexif and ffmpeg.

Help
Tony Reed
2012-06-20
2013-05-30
  • Tony Reed
    Tony Reed
    2012-06-20

I have libexif and ffmpeg installed. I use libexif to build PHP 5.x. How can I get Mediatomb to find it?

• BT
    BT
    2012-06-26

The configure script should find the required headers and libraries but if you've installed them in a non-standard location then you can use the -with parameter to specify the exact location. Please refer to section 3.2.35 of the MediaTomb documentation for more information.

Is there are reason why you're compiling MediaTomb yourself?

• Tony Reed
    Tony Reed
    2012-06-26

Hi, amak79:

I point at libexif using the -with switch. It's in /usr/local/lib. Mediatomb still complains about not finding it.

[~]$ ls /usr/local/lib | grep exif
    libexif.12.2.1.dylib*
    libexif.12.dylib@
    libexif.a
    libexif.dylib@
    libexif.la*

PHP 5.4.4 finds it quite happily on its own. I'm building my own MediaTomb because this is OS X and I don't believe in Fink.

Note: MediaTomb compile and runs quite happily without libexif or libavformat and so on; I'm just wondering is all.

Thanks for the reply.

• BT
    BT
    2012-06-27

Are you also pointing to the header location?

./configure -with-libexif-h=/usr/local/include/libexif -with-libexif-libs=/usr/local/lib

You won't loose much functionality without libexif and libavformat. libexif is only used for exif metadata extraction. libavformat is used for audio/video metadata and fourcc extraction. It's also required when building with ffmpegthumbnailer support. The metadata gathered is used to populate the virtual container layout during file import.

• claire floz
    claire floz
    2012-11-08

I've tried researching the net for links or codes to solve the problem. I've tried them all but it still didn't work. - Dan Sciscente