Help
2007-05-25
2013-05-30
  • Ricky Cross
    Ricky Cross
    2007-05-25

Guys

When i try and compile Mediatomb 0.9.0 with libjs 1.5, build fails:

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../tombupnp/upnp/inc    -I../src -I../tombupnp/ixml/inc -I../tombupnp/threadutil/inc -I../tombupnp/upnp/inc -I..    -I/usr/include/js        -pthread -g -O2 -MT libmediatomb_a-js_layout.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libmediatomb_a-js_layout.Tpo" -c -o libmediatomb_a-js_layout.o `test -f '../src/layout/js_layout.cc' || echo './'`../src/layout/js_layout.cc; \ then mv -f ".deps/libmediatomb_a-js_layout.Tpo" ".deps/libmediatomb_a-js_layout.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/libmediatomb_a-js_layout.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    ../src/layout/js_layout.cc: In function `void js_error_reporter(JSContext*, const char*, JSErrorReport*)':
    ../src/layout/js_layout.cc:493: error: `JSREPORT_IS_STRICT' was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [libmediatomb_a-js_layout.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mediatomb-0.9.0/build'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mediatomb-0.9.0'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Mediatomb compiles fine without libjs.

Also, with libjs 1.6, Mediatomb cant find the headers, even if you point ./configure to the dir.

Can anyone help???

Thanks

• Ricky Cross
      Ricky Cross
      2007-05-25

sorry guys but this happens with the latest mediatomb from SVN aswell

Thanks

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-05-25

on my FC5 and FC6 installation JSREPORT_IS_STRICT is defined in jsapi.h, this is valid for js 1.5 and als js 1.6

not finding the headers can be cause by a bad js instalation, it needs tons of different headers,
      one of those headers is created during the makeprocess of the js library; basically the js headers have a lot of includes so if one of them is missing the whole stuff breaks down.

I could tell for sure if you paste me the config.log (the relevant output about search for the js headers).

Please take a closer look at your libjs installation, I suspect the problem is there; after all we never saw this error before, and this MT version was compiled on various distributions, systems and (also embedded) platforms.

What distribution are you using? Let me have a look at the config.log with js 1.6, maybe I can see what the problem is.

Greetings,
      Jin

• Ricky Cross
      Ricky Cross
      2007-05-25

Thanks Jin

I was missing a couple of header files in my libjs install

Thanks

Ricky

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-05-25