Mediatomb starting problem

Help
Barry2001
2007-09-26
2013-05-30
  • Barry2001
    Barry2001
    2007-09-26

I am using mediatomb-0.9 with sqlite-3.3.17 database. I am facing one inconsistance problem, that is sometimes when I start the mediatomb, Mediatomb doesnot start completely. Only three threads started after that I cann't access the Mediatomb Web UI. But if I delete the database and restarts the mediatomb, then mediatomb starts succesfully(6-9 threads) an I can access the web UI. I think it might be because of database corruption.

Has anyone face such problem? please let me know the solution if any.

Thanks,

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-09-26

What system are you using? I know that one should not keep the database in flash if you are running MediaTomb on the NSLU2, but I can not help you unless you give us more details on the system you are using.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• Barry2001
        Barry2001
        2007-09-27

Thanks for reply.

I am having this problem for ARM Architecture, with Linux kernel 2.6.12.6. and mediatomb is using database kept on harddisk(160GB). Let me know if anything more information you need?

Regards,
        talktoitu

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-10-01

Hmm... I know there are problems when DB is mounted on an NFS drive, but for you it is not the case, right? Maybe the sqlite version that you use is somehow broken?
      I do not think that we do anything that could cause database corruption, so far debugging of such cases always showed that it was related to some setup/configuration.

I understand that MySQL is probably too resource hungry for an embedded device, but would be worth trying, just to compare the results.

Generally, MediaTomb runs fine on ARM based hardware; can you check that database corruption is indeed taking place? I.e., after you see that start behavior of MediaTomb, can you kill it and investigate the database using the sqlite3 command line utility?

Kind regards,
      Jin