Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

youtube & apple

Help
2010-08-18
2013-05-30
  • Hi,

I'm not sure if those subjects have been addressed yet but i ran into 2 problems this evening regarding youtube and apple trailers with the today svn version of mediatomb

- apple trailer; user agent need to be some kind of quicktime, so i compiled a special version of ffmpeg for transcoding mov with a small modification in libavformat/http.c,changed to user-agent to "QuickTime/7.6.2 (qtver=7.6.2;os=Windows NT 5.1Service Pack 3)". also, i removed to remapping temp = temp.replace(_("movies"), _("www"));
    now it works for me.

- youtube, in mp4, it seems that the url changed a bit, becuase i was not able to get the video either with wget or youtube-dl, so i changed params = params + format; to params = params + format + "&eurl=&el=&ps=&asv="; in src/youtube_video_url.cc:181; now it works for me

JB

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-08-24

Thanks for the info, that youtube fix is surely interesting.

The apple thing is indeed a problem, I guess that could be fixed by using a local proxy setup if you wanted to play the vids directly without transcoding, if you do use transcoding you coud use curl to get the content and then pipe it into a transcoder, but well - not a nice solution..