Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Transcoding shorten .shn

Help
snakebyte
2012-04-18
2013-05-30
  • snakebyte
    snakebyte
    2012-04-18

Hi,
        Is it possible to get mediatomb to transcode .shn -> wav for streaming to an AV receiver(Yamaha RX-V3900)?

I am using FFP via a USB drive in a Medion p89626 NAS, I have mediatomb working and have been able get flac transcoding using flac source and both AAC & ALAC using FAAD2 they all work very well.
    These are the profiles for transcoding the above to wav from the config.xml:
    <profile name="flacwav" enabled="yes" type="external">
            <mimetype>audio/wav</mimetype>
            <accept-url>no</accept-url>
            <first-resource>yes</first-resource>
            <accept-ogg-theora>no</accept-ogg-theora>
            <agent command="flac" arguments="-d -f -o %out %in"/>
            <buffer size="1048576" chunk-size="131072" fill-size="262144"/>
    </profile>
    <profile name="faadwav" enabled="yes" type="external">
            <agent command="faad" arguments="-o %out %in"/>
          </profile>

I have created packages for shorten & shntools which both work from command line but I can't get them to work with mediatomb, I've tried many settings using both shorten or shntools for the 'agent command' no matter what settings I use I always get the same error.
    ' read(): process exited with status 256'

I am a total noob to linux but with help from many posts and users on other forums I've been able to create several packages successfully just can't get this shn trancoding working, is it even possible?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• snakebyte
    snakebyte
    2012-04-19

I finally managed to get shorten transcoding working, I used the following config profile.
    <profile name="shnwav" enabled="yes" type="external">
            <agent command="shorten" arguments="-x %in %out"/>

Now I just need to see if I can get gapless playback, but I'm not sure if the AVR will support gapless playback.

• happygirlbaby
    happygirlbaby
    2012-08-14

The following will introduce a step by step guide on how to convert SHN to any other audio formats with the help of the powerful SHN Converter at http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-convert-shn-to-flac-mp3-wav.html

This guide applies to:

Directly convert SHN to FLAC, WAV, AIFF, Apple lossless ALAC and more lossless audio format
    Directly convert SHN to MP3, WMA, AC3, MP2, OGG, AU, RA and etc lossy audio format
    Straight convert all kinds of albums, concerts or shows in SHN to any other audio formats
    Besides converting SHN, it also applies to convert more recent lossless audio codecs such as FLAC, Monkey’s Audio (APE), TTA, and WavPack (WV) to MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, AC3, OGG, FLAC, MP2, RA, AIFF, AU and etc.