Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Sony Blu-Ray Can't see Media Tomb

Help
swoarrior
2013-02-17
2013-05-30
  • swoarrior
    swoarrior
    2013-02-17

I am trying to set up MediaTomb on a Unbuntu headless server.  I am able to stream from a Windows Media Player, but when I try to connect with my Sony Blu-Ray (BDV-E770W) it isn't even able to see the UPnP server.

I ran the Sony network/server diagnostics and it is able to identify the server, ip address, name and MAC, but says that it fails probably due to firewall settings on the server, or that the server is turned off.

Any ideas, I get the impression that lots of folks can't get MediaTomb to work with their Sony players.  I was able to at least browse using other DLNA servers (minidlna, and PS3 Media Server), but was unable to transcode AVI to a format the Sony would display.

I have a tcpdump from an attempted connection during the diagnostics run if anyone thinks it might be of use.

• Pedro
    Pedro
    2013-04-13

Exactly the same to me. I can´t connect to mediatomb from my BDV-e370. By running network diagnostics it identifies the server name, mac address and IP but it always fails to connect. However I do connect to a PS3 media server just perfect.

I´m not sure if i´ll have enough time soon but if we have a tcpdump from a failed and successful connection maybe we can configure the mediatomb correctly.