Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Scripting - Date Created for Files

Help
MirtheN
2008-06-25
2014-05-14
  • MirtheN
    MirtheN
    2008-06-25

i was wondering if there is a way in the import.js to pull the Date Created info for a file or folder(obj or location). i dont want the meta info, i want the pure file system info. ive searched around the web and have yet to come across code for doing this in javascript, and so far have not found anything on the mediatomb forums.

i dont care what format its in or anything, just want it to pull mainly the date created, but i would be happy knowing date modified if created is not an option.

anything?

• Jin
      Jin
      2008-06-25

This is not yet possible, you will already find a submitted feature request for this, so I will add it at some point.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• MirtheN
      MirtheN
      2008-06-26

ok.

On another note to this, is there any documentation on the sql side of things. going to make a perl script to run along side of mediatomb to do the scan and imports and just take out the video part of the import.js. only thing im unsure of is the contents of the location blob and how the location_hash is calculated, other then that i can make the entire import script in perl no problem.

• Jin
      Jin
      2008-06-26

You are likely to break things if you do it directly via the database, there are lots of things that play together there, we do not offer support for direct db access and discourage doing that, so you're on your own here.

• Pierre
    Pierre
    2011-01-31

Hello

I the any news concerning this topic about "Date Created" information for a file?
    I don't found anything in the documentation.

Thanks

• Gabriel Burca
    Gabriel Burca
    2014-04-05

I've added this feature. See:

https://sourceforge.net/u/gburca/mediatomb/ci/master/tree/

In your import.js you can now use obj.mtime and obj.sizeOnDisk to get the UNIX time (in seconds) and size (in bytes) of the file represented by obj.

I haven't updated the docs because I'm not sure which files contain the original documentation, and which ones are auto-generated. The repository contains 3 different file formats for the docs.

• I haven't updated the docs because I'm not sure which files contain the original documentation, and which ones are auto-generated. The repository contains 3 different file formats for the docs.

*.lyx are converted in *.xml, *.html and *.txt