Menu

Mediatomb 0.9 on Debian Sid AMD64 and DSM-320

Help
2007-05-23
2013-05-30
  • Jack Malmostoso

Jack Malmostoso - 2007-05-23

Hi guys,

I started playing around with MediaTomb on my Debian Sid AMD64 box and your repository works just fine.
    My DSM-320 has no problems with files, and I'm very happy with the performance so far.

I have one question: is it possible to change the layout on the menus on the DSM-320, so that directories are shown before files, and not in alphabetical order as they are now?

Thanks for your help!

• Jin

Jin - 2007-05-23

Hi,

thanks for the feedback! Nice to hear that it works on AMD64.

Regarding the sorting: I believe that this is already the case? In a mixed list you first have directories, and then the files. Directories and files are not intermixed. First you have an alphabetical list of directories, then, an alphabetical list of files; this is the layout per container.

Are you sure that this does not work for you?

Greetings,
      Jin

• Jack Malmostoso

Hmm forget about it, after a couple of restarts of the DSM-320 things look just the way I like them :D

One thing though: is it possible to access directly PC Directory-->mydirectory, instead of going through home-->myuser-->mydirectory?

Thanks again!

• Jin

Jin - 2007-05-23

> One thing though: is it possible to access directly PC Directory-->mydirectory,
      > instead of going through home-->myuser-->mydirectory?

Sort of :) It is not possible to do that in PC Directory, because the PC Directory is a special container and represents the exact mapping of the filesystem.
      However, you could create your own version of it by writing a custom import script (see scripting documentation for more details); there you could organize the media exactly how you want it.

• Jack Malmostoso

Great, I'll look into it!
      Thanks for your support, I'll get back to you if I need more help!

• Jin

Jin - 2007-05-23

No problem! :)