Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

UPnP Media server v1.0 compliance issue

dgdw
2007-03-19
2013-05-30
  • dgdw
    dgdw
    2007-03-19

Hi,

I installed mediatomb-0.9.0-pre and whilst doing some basic compatibility testing I came across a minor UPnP compliance issue.

Currently MediaTomb exposes the ConnectionManager and ContentDirectory service ids as urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1 and urn:schemas-upnp-orf:service:ContentDirectory:1, whereas they should be exposed as urn:upnp.org:serviceId:ConnectionManager and urn:upnp.org:serviceId:ContentDirectory respectively.

The following lines in the file src/common.h fixes this issue,

line 123 becomes: #define DESC_CM_SERVICE_ID              "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager"
    line 130 becomes: #define DESC_CDS_SERVICE_ID             "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ContentDirectory"

This issue can cause control points to not find the services exposed by MediaTomb - as the serviceId field in the device description XML is not inline with the MediaServer v1.0 specs, http://www.upnp.org/standardizeddcps/documents/MediaServer1.0.pdf, section 3 XML device description, page 9.

Hope this helps,
    David

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-03-19

Thanks! You are right, I missed that! Good catch :)

Fixed in r1218