LS-300DW

YokoGaijin
2007-11-24
2013-05-30
  • YokoGaijin
    YokoGaijin
    2007-11-24

There are rumors that people have been able to get Mediatomb to work with the newest IO Linkplayer LS-300DW.  I have yet to get it to work.  I'm looking for a solution that works with the older DVDG and new 300DW as both are in use.

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-11-24

What exactly are the differences?

• YokoGaijin
      YokoGaijin
      2007-11-25

Unfortunately they're totally different players.  The 300DW doesn't seem to recognize any UPnP servers.

• YokoGaijin
      YokoGaijin
      2007-11-25

http://www.iodata.jp/prod/multimedia/video/2006/av-ls300/index.htm

There is mention of people working to get Mediatomb to work with the 300DW on Japanese websites but I haven't run across anyone that was successful.

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-11-25

Well, I know nothing about this device, however I could see the DLNA logo on the page that you posted. We could probably figure out what it is needed by looking at network logs between servers that work with the 300DW.

Do you have this device already?

• YokoGaijin
      YokoGaijin
      2007-11-26

I do.  I was able to set up the Media Player Connect server as outlined in the manual but have been unsuccessful in getting the player to recognize any UPnP services.  This seems to be the way that IO data is suggesting the player be used.

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-11-26

If you do a wireshark log, do you see any M-SEARCH requests coming from the IO Data player?
      If in dooubt - please get wireshark, power off the device, start the capture, then power on the device, save the capture in pcap format and email it to me.

• YokoGaijin
      YokoGaijin
      2007-11-29

Sorry, I ended up going on an unplanned biz trip this week.  I'll try and set this up within the next evening. 

• YokoGaijin
      YokoGaijin
      2007-12-02

Jin, I wanted to confirm did you get the packet dump?

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-12-02

Yes, I got it, thanks! Sorry had no time to look at it yet, will do tonight.

• Jin
      Jin
      2007-12-02

I see M-SEARCH requests but no replies, are you sure that MT is running on the same subnet and that no firewall is active?

Also, did you apply the network interface settings as described in the documentation (the route and the allmulti stuff)?