Display configuration

Thx11
2005-12-27
2013-05-30
  • Thx11
    Thx11
    2005-12-27

I've checked the documentation, but I've found no direct answer.

When mapping media with the web interface, it adds a full path to the Media to the database. So if I have music on /opt/media/mymusic, it will show up on the media player as Media->PC Directory and the full path.

My question is: Can I make it Top-Level? For example, Media->My Music, without to have to walk the path?

Also, other Media servers split the main screen into Music, Pictures, video and Online. I only have Media and Online. Any way of configuring this? (Just to know... :-) )

• Jin
      Jin
      2005-12-27

well first of all:
      you will have virtual containers (that is how we call the splitting of media based upon metadata, so you would have something like genre/artist/album/track or whatever) only if you compiled mediatomb with spidermonkey (or js-lib, see the readme file).

further, you can specify which layout you want - you can write your own import scripts

the default import script resides is typically installed in /usr/share/mediatomb/js/import.js, take a look.

there is also a more or less extensive documentation on how to write your own scripts, there are two files describing that: scripting-intro.txt and scripting-dev.txt (scheck the doc directory)

you can also add single items manually whereever you want in the structure (via the UI, but that is probably only suitable for single items, since adding whole directories would be easier with the help of an import script)

let me know if it worked or if you have more questions :>

• THX1011
      THX1011
      2005-12-27

Ok.

I've compiled spidermonkey js engine and I'm compiling, again, to see how it goes.

• THX1011
      THX1011
      2005-12-27

Ok.

After compiling the JS engine, and recompiling Mediatomb, it works.

• Jin
      Jin
      2005-12-27

nice! :)