Client Detection

realriot
2009-01-16
2013-05-30
  • realriot
    realriot
    2009-01-16

Hi guys,

first of all thanks for your great work. You made my ps3 a really fine entertainment movie/sound center!

I'm currently playing around with a lot of transcoding profiles which I found within the net. Everything works fine. Now I'm reaching the point where I'm faced with the finetuning where I've got some questions...

- Is it possible to detect the client which is connected to the mediacenter?
    - Is it possible to "guess" the maximum speed which the client can receive?

Would be great if it's possible to decide which transcoding profile to use for different users. For example a user with small bandwidth would get a video which fits though his line. And a user with a big bandwith would get the maximum out of the video.

Thanks in advance
    Sascha

• Jin
      Jin
      2009-01-17

Hi,

client autodetection is not yet possible, we will add this once we replace the UPnP library that is used in Mediaomb.

Your second question is obviously blocked by the above limitation; however I do not think that this "guessing" would be possible, but in case of a working client detection you could probably specify some maximum/minimum values.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• realriot
      realriot
      2009-01-19

Ah ok,

Thanks! Hoping that the library will be replaced soon;)

Greets
      Sascha