0.12 SVN1207 photo chain missing

2010-01-09
2013-05-30
  • Tux68-Hamburg
    Tux68-Hamburg
    2010-01-09

Hello

my 0.12 did not create a upnp photo chain. I uploaded several jpg files, they appear only in the database pc-directory with incredible mimetype.
    Class: object-item
    Mimetype: application/octet-stream

Some lines from config.xml

<mimetype-upnpclass> 
            <map from="audio/*" to="object.item.audioItem.musicTrack"/>
            <map from="video/*" to="object.item.videoItem"/>
            <map from="image/*" to="object.item.imageItem"/>
          </mimetype-upnpclass>

<mimetype-contenttype>
            <treat mimetype="audio/mpeg" as="mp3"/>
            <treat mimetype="application/ogg" as="ogg"/>
            <treat mimetype="audio/x-flac" as="flac"/>
            <treat mimetype="image/jpeg" as="jpg"/>

They should be an image type, any ideas what went wrong here?

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-01-09

The "incredible" mimetype simply means - not recognized. Probably file magic was not able to figure out that the file in question is a picture… your version is compiled with filemagic support, right?

You can test it in the terminal by issuing the following command:

file -i /path/to/yourimage.jpg

Anyway… if filemagic detection fails, you can simply add some extension to mimetype mappings to your config.xml, after that reimport your images.

• Tux68-Hamburg
    Tux68-Hamburg
    2010-01-11

The file command works well, but no goal without the extension mapping. Now the static libexif has read some more information and found everything. Thanks!

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-01-17

Hmm, if the file command worked well - I wonder why it was not imported correctly? Do you see a warning regarding magic in the log when mediatomb is starting?

• Tux68-Hamburg
    Tux68-Hamburg
    2010-01-20

Have to expand the logfile, just started with playlists and they did not appear too. The playlist are placed in a folder within the artists on the disk. Have proper .m3u names and the playlists.js is in config.xml. Barely new pictures, musics and divx are recognized now. This investigation takes a little time….

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-01-20

Well, when you import a playlist, you should see messages in the console, and especially messages if stuff goes wrong and can not be imported… is there anything at all there?