New version?

-DK-
2005-12-13
2013-05-30
  • -DK-
    -DK-
    2005-12-13

Just curious if there is any word of a new version coming down the pipe any time in the near future... this project has a lot of potential and I'm interested to see where it is going to go.

Cheers!

• Jin
      Jin
      2005-12-14

Well, I will just be honest with you - it will take some more time. There are various reasons for that; for one - Gena had to move to another country and needs some time to settle in (new job, etc.); before leaving however, he made huge changes to the code and started to write a new UI (I was on holidays during that time). The new UI is not yet operational and I need his help to get it done. For my part, I have quite a lot of work at the moment, so I was not yet able to invest much time in further development.

Allthough there is one feature which I did prepare: we will have "on the fly" thumbnails, size and thumbnail format will be specified via the config file; thumbnails will be calculated on the fly when requested.

To sum it up: do not expect a new version this year, I hope we will have something for you in january or february 2006... :>

Nice to hear though, that people are interested :)

Greetings,
      Jin

• -DK-
      -DK-
      2005-12-14

Fair enough, I can totally understand getting busy and not having time for side projects.

Thank you for the estimate on the timeline. I'll check back with the project at a later date. Let me know however, if you need a hand with anything... testing and such.

Cheers,

• Jin
      Jin
      2005-12-16

I think there is an option which allows you to subscribe to project release notification, or something like that.

That way you would get an e-mail as soon as a new
      version is available.

Thanks for your offer regarding testing, if we happen to need some help I will gladly come back to it :)

Greetings,
      Jin