Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I've installed meditomb using FinkCommander on both a PPC and an Intel Mac. The Intel is running the latest verson of OS 10.5, the PPC is running the latest versoin of 10.4.
But I get very different behavior from them. One works great, the other… not so great. The Intel version is the one that works.
The PPC one shows up on the PS3, and attempts to serve mp3s, but says they're corrupted partway through. It also doesn't show tracks listed for m4a files. The web interface shows these files listed in the DB, but the interface on the PS3 doesn't show anything but mp3s.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling mediatomb, but it didn't seem to change anything.
The versions are the same, I assume the problem is in the different system configuration.
For MAC you probably had to compile the code yourself, I think that what Fink is doing. Depending on what other libraries and development headers are installed on your system during compilation, the configuration and the feature set of MediaTomb can significantly differ.
This is probably the reason for what you are observing.